The application period for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing is now open. This four (4) year, Pre RN Bachelors programme is offered at the SVGCC on franchise from the UWI Mona Campus. Interested applicants must apply through UWI Mona's application portal.
Click here for more information, including the application procedure, entry requirements and required documents for submission.
Online Applications close Thursday 31st March, 2022.
The St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College is pleased to once again be offering to the general public, the Mandarin Level one course.
- Application Period: 10th - 28th January 2022
- Course Days & Times: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Duration: 8th February 2022 to 16th June 2022
Payment information would be forwarded after applications are processed on 31st January 2022.
The Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Community College (SVGCC) is seeking to recruit qualified, highly motivated individuals to fill various positions temporarily, within the institution.
TEMPORARY POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
- Lecturers Computer Science, Math , History, Biology, Physics, Fine Arts
- Lecturers or Instructors in Business Studies, Agriculture, Spanish, HVAC, Carpentry, Masonry, Culinary Arts, Electrical Engineering, Facilities Management, Mechanical Engineering, Welding, French, Computer Science, Math, Vehicle Maintenance
- Library Assistant, Computer Lab Technician, Science Lab Assistant
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- For positions of Instructor, applicants should have:
- At least an Associate’s degree in the field being applied for;
- At least four years’ relevant experience of working or lecturing in that field.
- For positions of Lecturer, applicants should have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in the field being applied for;
- At least two years’ relevant experience of working or lecturing in that field.
- For non-faculty positions, applicants should have:
- Have at least five O’Levels including Math and English and
- An Associate degree in a related field
Job Application: Area of Interest. E.g - Job Application: Instructor - Construction technology or Job Application: Library Assistant
Applicants are advised to request that referees send letters of reference under CONFIDENTIAL cover directly to the HR Manager without waiting to be contacted by the College.
CLOSING DATE for receipt of applications is Sunday November 28th, 2021.
We have added an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Sports Science and an Associate of Science (AS) in Natural Sciences to our list of 2021/2022 full-time programme offerings.
Sports and Programme Coordinator, Roxell John, commented that through the AAS Sports Science, we intend to usher in a new era of sports education in St. Vincent and the Grenadines which not only prepares students for a profession in sports, but also has the potential to influence the overall health, wellness and productivity of the nation. Students who intend to pursue the AAS Sports Science can expect to be enrolled in core courses such as Sports Biomechanics, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Methodology and Pedagogy of Coaching, Sports Management, Sports Medicine, Sports Psychology, Sports Massage, Teaching Practicum, and Skills and Techniques of Sports and Games for Cricket, Basketball, Athletics and Football.
The new AS Natural Sciences, according to Head of Department - Sciences, Veronica Luke, seeks to answer to the growing call for more opportunities in science-based study areas. Core courses for the AS Natural Sciences include Genetics, Variation and Natural Selection, Cell and Molecular Biology, Reproductive Biology, Bioenergetics, Bio-systems Maintenance, Applications of Biology, Fundamentals in Chemistry, Kinetics and Equilibria, Inorganic Chemistry, Basic Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry & the Environment, Mechanics, Oscillations & Waves, and Thermal and Mechanical Properties of Matter.
2021 admissions for the AAS Sports Science, AS Natural Sciences, and all full-time associate degree, CAPE, and certificate programmes at our Division of Arts, Sciences & General Studies (DASGS) and Division of Technical and Vocational Education (DTVE) is open 11:00 am Saturday 30th October, 2021 to 4:00 pm Wednesday 3rd November, 2021. Apply via https://admissions.svgcc.vc .
Saturday 30th October 2021 to Wednesday 3rd November, 2021 is our admissions period for prospective students wishing to apply for full-time study at our Division of Arts, Sciences and General Studies (DASGS) or the Division of Technical and Vocational Education (DTVE), for the academic year 2021/2022.
At present we offer 21 associate degrees, 20 CAPE subjects and 4 certificate programmes, for full-time enrolment at our DTVE and DASGS. We also offer additional full-time and part-time certificate, associate, bachelors and masters programmes at our other divisions through partnerships with other educational institutions.
The online application system can be accessed via https://admissions.svgcc.vc during the admissions period, and the application fee will be waived for applicants who are partially/fully vaccinated.