Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Dean – Division of Teacher Education of the Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Community College.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants should have:
- At least a Master's degree in Educational Leadership, or any other relevant field;
- At least five years’ experience as a Senior Lecturer at an institution of post-secondary education, or higher.
- A proven record of academic and administrative management with progressive levels of responsibility;
- The ability to promote leadership and vision, and effectively lead collaborative change;
- A demonstrated commitment to student-centered learning, maintaining high academic standards and to promoting an innovative educational environment.
- Strong experience administrative tasks such as budgeting, reporting, planning and development
Duties and Responsibilities
The Dean – Division of Teacher Education at the SVGCC will be mainly responsible for:
- Setting departmental goals and objectives and supervising their attainment
- Strengthening and managing the academic offerings of the Division
- Preparing the Division’s annual budget; manage and monitor the annual budgetary allocation
- Staff recruitment, onboarding, training and development
- Managing staff relations, performance and productivity within the Division
- Monitoring students to ensure satisfaction of graduation requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams in the physical and virtual environments
- Good problem-solving skills
Applicants are advised to request that referees send letters of reference under CONFIDENTIAL cover directly to the HR Manager without waiting to be contacted by the College.
CLOSING DATE for receipt of applications is Thursday June 10, 2021.