Invitation To Apply for ISEP Scholarship 2023
Students are invited to apply to apply for the inaugural Scholarship offered by the Isle of Man and St Vincent and the Grenadines Education Programme (ISEP) for the academic years commencing in September 2023 and ending in 2025.
ISEP is a registered Charity which is dedicated to supporting the overall educational growth and development of the youth in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, through benefiting from partnership with educational and other entities in the Isle of Man. The Programme is fully funded and embodies the theme of the “Art of the Possible” which propounds that the possibilities are endless for young people, no matter what their personal circumstances may be.
OUTLINE OF THE OBJECTIVES OF ISEP
ISEP has three connected elements:
- A one-off “inspirational” programme that brought twelve school leavers (six boys and six girls) plus two chaperones to the Isle of Man for three weeks for classroom and multiple other experiences of another small island nation. This was held in the summer of 2022 and, following the stay in the Isle of Man, included one-two days in London.
- One annual two-year scholarship (entire sixth form leading to the International Baccalaureate diploma) per year at King William’s College (KWC), starting in 2023. This means that, after the first year, there will always be a Vincentian scholar in both the Lower and Upper Sixth.
- An annual study tour of several weeks to St. Vincent and the Grenadines as an award for one high performing KWC student or a student from another Isle of Man school.
THE 2023 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
The successful applicant will pursue the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma at the King’s Williams College (www.kwc.im) in the Isle of Man.
King’s William College is noted for its academic excellence and the IB Diploma is widely recognized as an excellent preparation for both university and life beyond, offered to students in the Sixth Form. The IB Diploma is a balanced programme of education that places a strong emphasis on critical thinking skills and international mindedness. It equips students with an academic achievement of a very high calibre, and at the same time, provides the opportunity for invaluable academic, cultural and social exposure and also interactions with international students.
The programme is taught over two (2) years and is recognised by all UK universities and by leading universities around the world. It provides an important gateway to university life, other studies and career paths.
The following links provide additional relevant information on the IB Diploma:
FUNDING OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Scholarship is fully funded and will cover tuition, accommodation and living expenses, incidentals such a warm clothing and luggage, as well as flights to and from the Isle of Man at the start and end of the programme for each academic year, plus a round trip back to St. Vincent and the Grenadines at Christmas break.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR STUDENTS
- Minimum of 7 – 8 CXCs at Grades 1 – 2 including Math and English (and any other core subjects required for the IB Diploma Programme)
- Maximum Age of 17 as at May 31, 2023
- National or Citizen of St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Residing in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, with emphasis on locations in (i) previous volcano eruption orange or red zone, or (ii) an indigenous community, and (iii) the Grenadines but not excluding any other locations in St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Notable Academic achievement;
- Involvement in Extra-curricular activities i.e., sport, dance, drama, art, music, etc.
- Involvement in Community activities.
- Copy of Birth Certificate, if not in possession of a passport
- A copy of your passport picture page showing biographical details, if in possession of a passport
- One signed Passport-sized photo
- Copy of Covid Vaccination Card, if applicable
- Copy of latest School Report
- Copy of Caribbean Primary Exit Assessment (CPEA) results
- Signed Parental Consent on the Application Form
- Two reference letters
- Short essay on benefits and expectations of attending the King’s Williams College and pursuing the IB Diploma for self, family, community, country
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested Applicants may apply by collecting an ISEP Scholarship Application Form from your School Principal’s Office and filling out, signing and submitting the application form, as well as providing all required supporting documentation, in a sealed envelope to ISEP c/o Professional Secretarial and Consultancy Services Inc., Halifax Street (Upstairs Corea’s Building), Kingstown, St. Vincent.
Applications must be submitted by 3:00 pm on Monday June 5th, 2023.
Short-listed Applicants will be contacted for interviews.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND QUERIES ON ISEP
Additional Information on ISEP may be obtained from School Principals and/or the Ministry of Education (Hon. Minister’s Office).
Invitation to Apply to ISEP Scholarship Programme 2023
ISEP Scholarship Application Form 2023